Who am I?
Just guess. Guys wanna touch my –
…Nothing. I don’t have anything there. Sorry, guys.
Alright, now that that’s out of the way…
Hello everyone! Welcome to The Poo! This blog is run by Cheeky Things, a cloth diaper business advocating for a healthy planet, a healthy babe, and healthy parents.
Guys, diapers can be FUN and they can be EXCITING and they can be FREAKIIN’ CUTE and they can be GROSS. Hopefully this blog will get you through it all, and your diapers will come out squeaky clean on the other side!
This is me in all my glory and with Cheeky, Jr. by my side. I chose this picture instead of a super glamorous pic for two reasons:
- Turns out, pictures of yourself become insanely limited after having a baby – unless they’re professionally done or they’re selfies
- I can’t afford professional photography and this is not a selfie. Therefore, I will accept it as good enough.
(Also, in regards to this picture before we move on to important things, I swear I’m not as big of a bitch as my face makes me out to be. Maybe once, but no more. So no judgy judgy on my facial expression, please. RBF is real. I really do swear!)
And back to more important things:
For Internet purposes, my name is Momma Cheeks, and to be honest with you, I’m a mediocre cloth diaper mom. For the most part, I don’t follow what people say on the Facebook fan pages (sometimes I chuckle to myself about the concerns about diapers and laundry and their babes’ bums – but don’t tell them. I’ll get kicked out) and generally I wing pretty much everything (can I get an amen if that’s anyone else’s life motto?).
I mainly got into cloth diapers because the Cheeky Family was:
- Broke AF
- Quasi-involved in the “try not to trash the shit out of our planet for the next generation” mission.
- Too lazy to have to run to the closest store for some diapers (after a long day) because Cheeky, Jr. had five unexpected blowouts and peed through what should have lasted two more days (I really like to think out scenarios sometimes).
- Convinced by a hard-core cloth diaper mom who was so into the fact that we* were even considering such a nasssstay thing with pins and needles and poop and butts and laundry, that she took us under her wing and led us down the untrodden path (Thanks, frand)
* I said we, but don’t worry – you’re not alone if your hubby or SO (significant other) wasn’t/isn’t on board at first. Papa Cheeks was so against the idea, he and his family thought they’d do disposables and I’d do cloth on my own. But GUESS who convinced everyone in the family to do cloth? Mhm, yo’ girl, Momma Cheeks. And GUESS who has not said one negative thing since Cheeky, Jr. was born (to my face, at least)? Yep – you guessed it – the fam bam (*applause* *Thank you, thank you*). This just goes to show that you can convince that stubborn family of yours, too (and trust me, the Cheeky family is stubborn)!
Back to The Poo
Alright, so bottom line is this: At least once a week (unless life gets crazy – you know how that goes) I will be talking about my experiences with Cheeky, Jr.
Cloth diapers will be a large topic of discussion, but I’m not going to limit my blog to just cloth diapers. Cheeky Things is about healthy families and a healthy planet, and that goes beyond the scope of diapers, for sure, which means this blog (even though it is called The Poo) will occasionally be about:
- Mental Health
Ya know, things that involve health, families, and the planet…
And as for you, Avid Reader
I invite you (with a lot of exclamation points) to comment on my experiences with your own experiences, because I think that’s the fun in parenting – we all try crazy things, we share those crazy things, and sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t (from what I’ve heard it’s more of the latter with the first babe), and then you try again with Nugget 2.0, and hope for the best again.
My only request: PLEASE BE POSITIVE about my post and others’ posts, or you’ll bet your baby-lovin’ butt is gonna get deleted (insert passive aggressive smiley face here)!
So, let’s have some fun!
Have a Great Week!
(Momma Cheeks – out)
P.S. If you’re DYING to know what next week’s topic is going to be, let’s just say it involves Cheeky Jr.’s stomach bug and the way we handled The Poo!